Sunday, April 18, 2010

3...2...1...

Blast off! Today we "launched" the local advertising of our farm, Split Creek Pastures. I hosted a booth at the farmer's market at Tanner Medical Center's Earth Day celebration. The purpose of this event was to increase awareness of the many local growers and producers that Carroll county has to offer. There was quite a good turn out of employees during the 11-2 o'clock hours that the event took place. I was able to provide farm brochures and obtain contact information for those interested in our products. I also sold a few dozen eggs.

Unfortunately, John was out of town today so I had to do the unthinkable... present our products to many farmers and medical professionals. Being somewhat of a city girl, I am finally warming up to the phrase "Yes, we have a farm." But, there is just not one ounce of me that is a salesman. I know, there are a couple of successful salesmen in our family, but it is just not in me! I think I missed those genes. As Blake's teacher says, "I couldn't sell a coat to an eskimo!" But... with much prayer, I actually survived this completely out of character event! There was a time when pigs and chickens were not comfortable topics for me, so hopefully I will soon warm up to the marketing topic as well.

We are so grateful for the joy of living this farmer's life. We are optimistic that our small family farm will be a blessing to our family, and in some way... our community. Check out our updated website or stop by and see us at the Cotton Mill Farmer's Market on weekends. Also, shoot us an email if you would like to place an order for eggs, vegetables, honey or pork. www.splitcreekpastures.com

No comments:

Post a Comment