Monday, March 2, 2009

Surprise in Our Neck of the Woods


Sunday, March 1, 2009, brought us a very welcomed surprise. Snow, snow and more snow! Of course we played and built a snowman, but the real surprise came when I gave in to the serious temptation to take a walk in the woods. I was simply stunned at the beauty of God's masterpiece... His marvelous creation! The snow covered branches, howling wind, plump red cardinals hopping about seemingly everywhere, the roaring creek rushing so swiftly, and the blankets of snow in the fields across the fence were all so amazing in their "winter white" attire. It was as if all of God's creation began to sing for joy.... all I had to do was stop, look and listen. There is no doubt that the warmth I felt in my heart was a gift from God our father. I am so thankful for that 30 minute walk and all of the surprises I encountered. Take a look around you today. What surprises are you thankful for in your neck of the woods?

Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it; let the fields be jubilant and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy; they will sing before the Lord, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth. Psalm 96:11-13

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful is our God's creation!!! Praise His Holy Name. He did a "Mighty" good job on your neck of the woods!!!

    ReplyDelete