Or should I say, "What will keep the deer out of our garden?" We are hoping that this 7 foot wattle fence will do the trick! Since we moved here, we have been talking about thinning out the saplings and clearing out brush from the property. Building this fence is how we are doing that. In two weekends, we have only finished about 50 feet of one side of the garden. The whole garden is about 100 feet x 70 feet. So, we are certain this will take many, many weekends to complete. While we are working towards completing this fence we have decided to put up a galvanized, welded, wire fence on the incomplete sections. This will allow us to go ahead and start our early spring planting with some protection. If nothing else, it will surely keep the dogs out. I know there is no hope for the cats, but maybe they won't eat too much!
During our many hours of working we have thought of many "wattle" phrases. Here are just a few....
~This will take a very long time to build, "wattle" we thinking?
~"Wattle" we think of next?
~"Wattle Day!"
~"Wattle" we doing this for?
~"Wattle" the kids doing?
~Whistle "wattle" you work!
And my personal favorite... (Dad this one is for you)
~ooo ee ooo ah-ah ting tang "wattle, wattle" bing bang!
Love it!!! This picture looks like one I might get from JoAnne in Nigeria. Sure does look like a lot of work. Any trees left in the woods!
ReplyDeleteWow!!! I am impressed....I love seeing all the things you are doing .... wattle ya'll doin? Livin off the Land!!
ReplyDeleteLove Aunt cheryl